Thursday, July 17, 2008

LAS VEGAS BABY!!

So....Late Saturday night after I had worked a 10am-10pm shift in the ER, extremely tired, my BFF Heather called to convince me that we needed to take a much needed girls only vacation and drive to Vegas Sunday and come home Tuesday. I stressed about it all night because I had responsibilities Sunday and Monday, not to mention Damen and Fergs. So after waking my ENTIRE family up Sunday morning at 7am, arrangements were kinda made.

We hit the road around 10:30am and arrived to Vegas around 5:00pm. We stayed at the Excalibur Hotel which is very nice and I had never been through it before. The hotel had a lot of activities for families. The weather was perfect.....mid 90's and overcast. Heather and I were tired from the drive and spent Sunday night listening to a band, eating good food, and of course making friends.

On Monday we woke up early and went across the street to the Tropicana Hotel to have brunch. I love buffets and since we were there around 11am we had some breakfast and lunch. Our main reason for coming to this hotel was to go through the Bodies Exhibit. I had heard of it and knew the story behind it is controversial but after walking through it I would recommend everyone to go see it if your in Vegas. The displays were done tastefully and I learned more about the human body in an hour of walking through the exhibit than I learned in 3 months of my anatomy class in college. It was fascinating and I loved it.

Our next adventure was walking FOREVER down the strip to find the Venetian Hotel that had Madame Tussaud's wax museum. I had been there before, but it was a new experience for Heather and we had a blast!!! For those of you that haven't heard of the wax museum you walk around and actually see many wax figures of celebrities. They even show how the wax models are done. They have ones of George Bush, Michael Jordan, Prince, John Wayne, Nicholas Cage and many more. Some look more real then others. Here are some pics.....


Heather playing golf with Tiger Woods.............................Its Oprah!!!!!!
Ben Affleck could work on those poker skills............... I am the next American Idol!!!
The rest of the time we hung out with our new friends Taco, Mannie, Shawn, Anthony and the band, and "cute guy" (didn't get his name).
Me and Taco....he was supposed to pose seriously.............. this is "cute guy" wow!!
Heather and Taco (bro and sis)................. "cute guy" again!!
Thanks Heather for the fun times and memories. How sad that these pics and my wedding pics are the only ones we have of each other over our 5 year friendship. That's it!! We decided the camera is coming out of the closet...

2 comments:

Marcae said...

Great pics. Glad you guys had a great time. I must say that "girl's trips" are the best :)

Heather and Scott said...

The wax museum sounds intereting. I will have to go there sometime. it look lik you had fun. Keep the blogs coming!