Monday, July 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMEN!!!!

So I'm getting better updating my blog however I'm having issues updating my blog on the days that the events occur. So...just know you guys are 2-3 days behind the times. On Friday, July 18th, my baby turned 10 years old. I cannot believe the time that has gone by so quickly and I feel I'm enjoying being a mother more now that I'm getting older. Its been a growing experience to see how priorities change and things I wanted as a young mother at 21 years is no longer important. I love being a mom and especially a mother to Damen! So for his birthday he wanted to go see the new Batman: The Dark Night and it was an amazing movie. I don't like comic book movies but this was done exceptionally well. We had lunch with Bronson at Applebees (damens choice of course) and then open his present. Yes there was only one from me since the gifts are becoming more expensive as he gets older. His old scooter has been out of service for well over a year. He had fun riding it up and down the street. Bronson and I were a little nervous last week when we put it together because it looks a little feminine. I didn't notice that when I ordered it on the internet. My choices were mint green and purple, so I thought the purple was the obvious girl choice...... We decided we are going to buy cool stickers to put all over it :) His friend party is going to be next week as he wants to go to a Bees baseball game with a few friends....that will be fun! More b-day celebration to come.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Hard to believe that my grandson is 10 years old!!!! I am so sorry that I missed his birthday. I will make it up when I get home. give him a big hug from his grandma!!

Heather and Scott said...

Wow I can't believe Damen is 10either. My how time flies.